Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The footage below are some clips I would like to use in my project. Obviously, the clips will be cut down, muted, edited, and manipulated so that they fit together to create a dream-like sequence of events. I aimed to film very natural elements, things that I am able to distort so that they aren't quite what they seem, things that are just out of focus and then become clear, and vice versa. I want to gather more material like this, as this is just the beginning, and I also have images to go with these video sequences.


I've done a rough sketch of the opening sequence that I want to be video. At the beginning of the piece, I want a long shot down a hallway looking into a room, slowly zooming in. As we get closer, there will be a girl getting ready for bed doing the usual things, brushing her teeth/getting into her pajamas/washing her face, all really short quick scenes. The room will be desaturated, grey looking, and she gets into bed at 11:11pm. My friends and I have always joked about how superstitious we are about 11:11, and so I wanted to include that specific time for when she shuts off the light, as it adds a personal element. When she shuts off the switch on her lamp, the next scene cuts immediately to her side portrait of her waking up into this new dreamworld. Her eyes will slowly open and her room will be saturated, colorful - things will look different, yet oddly the same - just so that you are not quite sure whether she is dreaming or awake. She will venture into the outside, and stumble across this hyper-real dreamscape world, almost as if it were an Alice in Wonderland adventure but not quite as surreal and unrealistic. She will wander through this dream world (photos & video sequences will illustrate this along the way, side scrolling) until her alarm wakes her, she returns to the real world - yet, there will be something left on her pillow that is a connection to her dream, so that you never really know if she is still dreaming, or back in her real world.


This is still a work in progress, so I would love to hear some feedback on the narrative!

No comments:

Post a Comment