Friday, February 17, 2012

This is a dream sequence I put together with the clips I shot last week. I put placeholder music in for now (Philip Glass) and will have my boyfriend compose something similar later on, that will help create a flow for the video. I would like to do several of these for the project - mixed in with some manipulated/edited photography with added type that has the same aesthetic. This video doesn't try to make a linear sequence, but a story emerges out of the clips that are sandwiched together, and it essentially becomes a string of thoughts. When you wake from a dream, sometimes, you don't remember all of it--just the bits you like or the parts that stuck out to you the most. That is what I am aiming to create here. 


Comments are appreciated! Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Hey Laura,

    Great! I feel pulled into this -

    I just have a couple comments

    I watched it first without the Philip Glass, and then with -

    without Philip, the pacing of the clips seem the same - there are some I'd looove to stay in longer, like the one with the girl (is that you?) in the window, the hands, and maybe one of the floral images. So maybe experiment more with length and timing...

    I'm excited to see what your boyfriend does - while I love Philip I dont know that his music fits your mood with that song and in this instance.

    I think you should do a couple more!!! like 3 for next week.

    can you?

    also take screen caps of these and post inside your storyboard, along with the photos and text.

    best,
    HRae

    ReplyDelete